Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The grand re opening


All the dreaming and scheming and planning and imaging could have prepared me for motherhood. I honestly thought I'd be crafting every other night with no worries cause babies nap, right? Or if the baby didn't nap, I'd put them to bed at 7pm on the dot and not see their angel faces until morning.

Then I woke up.

Dash is a wonderful baby. But he is a baby! Just taking care of the baby is a full time job! Then I have to take care of the tumbleweeds rolling down the hallways... the mountains of dirty clothing living in the laundry... the ongoing saga of the empty fridge/putting dinner on the table.

And then!

I actually have a job!

Needless to say crafting always loses and my pens are all dusty and my hands are shaky and I've forgotten all those little tricks I spent so long learning in photoshop and illustrator.

But crafting is important! Creating is essential for me so I am going to juggle and I am going to let the tumbleweeds roll a little longer and I am going to reopen the shop at the start of next month.

I open the shop because its an outlet and it forces me to produce meaningful things. This time around everything will be doubly meaningful. I will be donating 20% of all sales to the Cystic Fibrosis Association of the ACT.

And this is the first thing I wrote!




Wish me luck (I need all of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment