Wednesday, September 9, 2015

S I X T E E N weeks of Dash

In keeping with the spirit of this blog, Dash is actually 17 weeks and 5 days old today. But we aren't counting like that anymore! We're onto the 'how old is your baby?' "Oh he's four months old" "oh really? What a big boy!" "thank you kindly" responses now. 


I feel as though I am wearing these fantastic Mum goggles recently. Not to be confused with my actual new glasses I have been sporting due to pregnancy induced poor vision. The Mum goggles make you look at your baby and think dear Lord! I have created perfection! I must submit my baby to every modelling agency there is! But then no I shouldn't cause surely the world can't handle this amount of angelic cuteness. 

Seriously. But I'm sure every other Mum in the history of Mums feels the same so it's fine.



At sixteen weeks we're into swimming lessons. Wearing the most adorbs speedos with crabs and sharks on his butt. Basically the parents have to swim around awkwardly while holding their pride and joy above water while they kick and splash and then sing silly songs to make things more awkward. But it's really worth it when everyone holds their baby in the centre of the circle and they all look around like it's the best thing ever.

He thinks its hilarious when you smoosh your face into his neck and make noises. His preferred way of drifting off to sleep is to make all of the noises he can, as loud as he can for as long as he can. Even at 3am. I can't even be mad because it is so. dang. cute.  

So yes, I love my baby, I am that mother I never thought I would be and we have our four month injections in the morning. pray for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love Dash updates. How he has grown! He is perfection and all kinds of adorable. I loved teaching baby swimming lessons - they're so cute in the water!

    ReplyDelete