Wednesday, June 24, 2015

life according to my camera roll


If it weren't for time stamps on the photos stored on my phone, I would have absolutely no idea when things happened. To be honest I probably wouldn't remember most of the things happening in the first place. I have this constant fear that I'm not documenting enough lately and also this constant debate of should I snap my camera and journal every three seconds or just live in the moment?

So while my mother in law and sister in law kindly cook, clean and watch our baby (actual angels) I will write some things down to go with these high quality iphone photos with many filters thrown on them.

Clockwise: Dash Dew playing on his mat at five weeks old. I was actually just trying to take some snaps of the nursery and him in it cause I know it will look different in a minute or two. I'm getting real itchy to craft and decorate and make our house real purdy again. If you look closely you will see him protesting the impromptu photoshoot.

Sending photos to friends and family all day every day. We have a daily ritual of snapping everyone we know. We may not have a routine but I'll be damned if we can't snapchat funny shit.

Dash the brave fits into the bear suit his parents bought him while on a birthday holiday in Melbourne earlier this year. Tear face cause he's growing out of it a week later...

Some of my fav Dash things. Pop Ya Tot dummy clip (I wish I could own one of each, they're all so dang cute), little baby ugg boots that have had some serious good use. They're all scuffed up and looking very worn and I couldn't love it any more. And a country road blanket from Grandma. Bless you country road. Also bless you Grandma.


Squirt started smiling! I've never seen anything more glorious. His Dad has a pretty wicked real proper smile he reserves just for me but this little baby smiling for the first time sorta beats it. Just by a little.

I've had a fringe for as long as I have had hair. I didn't have proper hair until I was about 4 so this  statement isn't too dramatic but the hair around my face has always been shorter so I said Maria! Let's just cut it all! Make it all the same length! And so now, here I am with my Mama lob just feeling all fabulous. I actually seriously contemplated taking a selfie for three days before I made it happen. 

Dash has three sets of Grandparents right? In all of those families, he is the first Grandbaby. Dash is adored. Now I am sure all Grandbabies are loved and adored and I am sure our next baby will be loved and adored but there is something spesh about the first. His Pop (my dad) is so obsessed he has even started ordering his coffee in Dash's name. 

Hanging at Grandma's on Sunday, being all cute and stuff. 


The Dewberries be 25 going on 65. We bought a La-Z-Boy (but did not buy scotch guard yet hence the blanket protection) and I'll be damned if it isn't the most comfortable seat on earth. We were going to get one of those plastic leather nursing glider chairs... and then we saw the rocking recliners... and then we SAT in the rocking recliner... and then we threw our wallets at the shop and demanded same day delivery. 

The things you learn once babies have arrived. Pre baby I was all we don't need no sleeping bags! Post baby you see how squirmy they are and how easy it is for the blankets to find their way over baby's face and then you say give me all of the sleeping bags right now. Also who needs a pillow when you have those cheeks.

Celebrating like there's no tomorrow. Girlfriend bought a wedding dress!! The most perfect dress for her banging body and I got to see it on her! Almost died dead on the spot. Then we celebrated with prosecco! The girls did anyway, I stole one sip and looked at the bottle with sad eyes (because delicious) while wondering what the devil I was doing taking my baby to a pub on a Thursday night. To be fair it was a restaurant/pub. There was table service!

Post baby body and pre wedding wardrobe do not mix. My ass and thighs laugh at the size ten jeans scattered all over the floor. Whatever, I hate my old wardrobe anyway! Since I no longer need a corporate wardrobe I am going all out with the purging. If I were a millionaire I would burn everything and start from scratch. Since I am not, I have a plan! I have specific items I want for this winter and I've been buying them slowly like a sensible girl. I shall blog about it, mark my words. 

Still reading? Was this post too long? I could have written entire posts about each individual photo so count yourself lucky. 

I miss blogging and my office so terribly so I will be back soon! Once Dash is in a routine and I find my marbles. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for new blog posts and pictures of your gorgeous son! How cute that your dad orders coffee in Dash's name! That chair of yours looks like ultimate comfort. Life is looking wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete