Thursday, February 11, 2016

9 M O N T H S of Dash

I am terrible and I haven't written down a single thing noting Dash's development in MONTHS. So now I am back to writing about my clever baby! Are you so excited!? I will go back in time and publish months 6, 7 and 8 too but with a sprinkle of creativity because I can't even remember last week. 





Dash at nine months old is still a ham. He loves attention, he loves being silly, he loves getting scared and tickled and sung to and wrestled with and chased. He'll scream bloody murder in his cot and then I'll pick him up and he'll start laughing. 

When he's sad or hurting or particularly cranky he will cry and he cries mmuuummm.. Maaammmaaaa! but get him to say Mama on the regular? not a chance. Dada however... It's his favourite word. 

Dash crawls. He crawls fast and hard and for as long as he can. My Dad came over the other day (Poppy is still favourite) and he was standing at the door putting his shoes on ready to leave. Dash was playing on the floor in my office and decided to investigate Poppy. He saw that open door and his Poppy walking away and he ran as fast as he could. And by ran I mean crawled but really, really fast. 


Dash inherited some crappy genes, its true. But he also inherited the European genes I have been cursed with. We love food. and by love I mean we will eat and eat and eat and then go to be with no regrets, just dreams of more food. His Doctors can't believe the amount and variety of the food he eats. 

We started feeding him with the philosophy that we would give him whatever we ate. No specially made baby food and as little cutlery as possible. Dash has accepted everything I have put in front of him, he has an exceptional gag reflex and a determined spirit. So much so that he will now happily eat an entire sausage for lunch, with some tomatoes and scrambled eggs on the side. 

I think I will write a whole separate post about food cause I could talk baby diets all dang day. 

Dash's fave toys are the singing bear/puppy thing, the singing/flashing/moving tonka trucks, the talking/singing/light up controller, the songs on the activity centre.... do you detect a theme? I'm considering ear plugs. 


We've recently started watching ABC kids in the morning. His face when he hears the Thomas the Tank engine song. I can't even. We went to Westmead yesterday (again another post for another day) and he tried his nebuliser for the first time. The nurses warned me that we wouldn't be able to get the strap over his head because he would scream. We went to put it on him and he made no complaints. He made it through the entire ten minute treatment quite calmly, even smiling! It's not because we have a super baby, it's because Nick played the Thomas the Tank engine theme song on Youtube for him. 8 times in a row. 

Dashie cruises furniture, interacts with strangers (because surely, the world revolves around him!) aaaaaalmost weighs 10kg, is very into giving kisses (with teeth), usually has avocado somewhere on his face or head (see above) and obviously has taken over our lives. In the best most wonderful way you could imagine. 


Monthly baby brag over. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOVE your blog updates and have enjoyed all of your recent posts, yay for lots of new posts. I really must comment more. Dash really is just the most gorgeous baby! A love of food, what a thing to inherit! I love the way you feed Dash, family meals and baby led weaning all the way. Is it bad that we don't even have a little one of the way yet but I've already decided how to feed our baby and possibly even their first food (lamb cutlet or possibly avocado). My world revolves around food too!

    ReplyDelete