Thursday, July 16, 2015

Dash lives here


There's progress in the nursery!

It's not often that we follow through with my big dreams and grand schemes, especially when they involve home improvements. It goes something like 'Carly! NO power tools! Stop spray painting in the house! You're going to lose a finger! There's no stud there!' etc. etc. etc.
I try to remind the Husband that I am a licensed builder but he isn't fooled.

Anywho... We actually painted the wall! obviously cause my photoshop skills aren't that mad yet. And we decided on yellow!


It was either yellow, mint green or blue. We slapped them all up on the wall and could not decide for the longest time but clearly yellow was the winner. Green and blue jazzed up the house shelves instead.



So this little Dash the brave banner. Isn't it the most wonderful banner you've ever seen? The wonderful Amy of daydreams and dandelions contacted me recently about little Dash and offered to make him something for his bedroom. I was absolutely blown away by her kindness and then when the banner arrived, I was so impressed by the quality! Girls got skills! I tried to make a banner like this myself last year and it did not go as planned... a wonkier banner you've never seen. Anyway if you're in the market for some beautiful children's decor go and check out her store! Go now.




The other side of Dash the brave's room got some love too. A lightening bolt hook from The Hook Co to hang his fancy dummy clip and a photo of his parents who love him dearly. Also not new, but that elephant mobile there is Dash's favourite thing in the world.

Still have a few more things I want to do and you know I'll do them and then start another list but c'est la vie.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for yellow, it looks fab. You've got style lady, I love the decorations. Especially the mobile and his banner. Some day you'll have to help me decorate my nursery!

    ReplyDelete