Wednesday, April 1, 2015

34 weeks // bumpdate

Iphone photos! Taken by glorious girlfriends at a glorious wedding! This wedding has been a milestone in this pregnancy. I always felt, firstly, that it would just be awesome (and daunting) to be so very pregnant and I had the best time imagining waddling around crying my eyes out watching two wonderful beautiful people get hitched. And secondly, that once it was over I would really shift gears and start to relax and get into the nesting and preparing and letting everyone else do all of the working.

I'm still working... for another week or so... but I do, I really do feel more relaxed and like I'm really on the home stretch!

Shall we?

How far? // 34 weeks in these photos! But 35 weeks tomorrow. THIRTY FIVE. That means we will have a baby in less than seven weeks regardless. I am still majorly hopeful that I take after my Mother and go into a 6 hour labour at 38 weeks...

How big? // Ohhhhhh babe is as big as a honeydew melon! I don't like honeydew so much but I do love the name! I feel pretty dang enormous... and I love it. Being so obviously pregnant is incredibly hard and stressful on your body but people are so nice to you! All the time, it's really lovely.

Cravings? // All the apples and apple juice, still. And being considerate of the season, also all of the easter eggs.

Stretch marks? // I am so proud of my skin right now, we are still mark free and I am beginning to think we may have escaped them! I never thought I'd be saying that. I am also knocking on wood...

How was this week? // I am so much happier since last bumpdate! I'm still under the pump but it's finnneeee. My pelvis/ribs/back are still playing up and I've realised the position I get in to try and relieve that pain is causing my heart palpitations! So that makes me feel better, I'm not dying of anxiety, it's just the baby squashing my aorta! It's silly but I just feel like I've got some of my sanity back.

Weird pregnancy moment? // The wedding. It was the most beautiful affair and I was so thrilled that I got to help out my wonderful friends. I think I was running on adrenaline/pure love because I lasted all night long and even wiggled my butt on the dance floor. With my legs stuck together because we did not want to make the day about us instead of the new family.

The nursery? // Is lovely. We got so many books and bits and pieces at our baby shower so I've shuffled a book case in there (made by Nick's dad) to hold them all. The rug also came and holy mother of soft fluffy goodness, it's lovely. I had the carpets cleaned yesterday, Nick's slowly getting there with the toy chest... I've ordered a pouffe for my feet! Now I just need to add some photos and artwork and string the mobile together. I love it in there. I will post photos when I'm done!

Nick and I spent the morning going over the baby name book again. After much frustration though we just had another look at our on going short list and ACTUALLY AGREED on TWO complete boys names. We've also decided on one complete girls name and are so set to name her if she is a she...

And now we continue waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment