Tuesday, August 11, 2015

That escalated quickly.


Because I was teaching myself how to correct the white balance in photoshop.

And then because Molly Jacques was an angel from heaven and gave the people a wicked brush font for free.

And just now because of this.


His very first bath.

Nick only filled it up half way because we were so scared he would some how slip out of our grasp and drown. Then I undressed him and plopped him in while he screamed his loudest and proudest in protest of the cold.

He was three days old.


He had a rash on his chin from sucking too ferociously every two hours. He was still wearing a bandaid on his heel from the newborn screening test he had done that day. The midwives confirmed my suspicions of slight jaundice, nothing a little sunlight couldn't heal though. He was washed with all natural soaps and a tiny little washcloth as big as he was, right on the kitchen bench next to the fruit bowl. His two dogs were standing guard beneath him making sure his parents weren't torturing him.



We treated him like he was made of glass. We got him out, wrapped him up tight and dried him off. I gave him a baby massage with oil and dressed him in a 00000 sized singlet and the fluffiest, tiniest, white jumpsuit I could find.



We took 104 photos and two videos of his first bath and thank goodness because I don't remember anywhere near enough of life with a three day old baby Dash. I just remember feeling like it was my birthday/christmas eve/that time Nick Dewey smooched me all in one and times one billion.

I planned on just posting a photo of my baby ham in the big bath because he's nearly outgrown the baby bath and now look, I'm near sobbing. I need to stop wasting hours looking at newborn photos.

Naht.

No comments:

Post a Comment