Thursday, July 30, 2015

Tales from Thursday

All the best things in life happen on Thursdays. Or perhaps Thursdays are just the most interesting day of the week, every week in my world. They're even more exciting now that Husband has them off work. Usually we do boring things like adventure to the bank or the hospital or centrelink. Without a doubt we always end up at the mall which I really hate but we always have something we're desperate for. This Thursday was no different. We ventured to the dreaded mall scouting for shoes and a sleep positioner. 


Why would a tiny baby need a sleep positioner you ask? Oh, thats because our twelve week old baby has outgrown his moses basket. You heard me. You didn't hear me sobbing about it, but you best believe I did. 


Anyway. With new shoes on Nicks feet and a baby bundled up in blankets, we went to visit the house we're building! The kitchen installation had started so it was a very exciting day at the job site. Dash was all whatever Mum, I'm hungry but Nick was loving my choice in joinery. Fifteen minutes of walking around the house later, we were off home again to feed starving baby who promptly fell asleep in the car. 

Usually I would be happy said baby was sleeping. Sleeping babies are wonderful! But it was 4pm. Nick and I had arranged to get out of the house with OUT sleeping baby at 4.45pm. That meant leaving my baby for the first time EVER without saying goodbye. 

I understand this isn't as dramatic as I am making it out to be. But last night cemented the inkling I had that I am suffering from separation anxiety. I was going to get a massage and eat a burger and drink a beer. There was even the promise of hot chocolate afterwards! And still Nick had to literally drag me out the door. A fan of leaving my baby I am not. I don't plan on making a habit out of it. 

Despite the rock in my stomach and lump in my throat, I did have a wonderful time with my Husband. I can't remember the last time we actually went on a date! I only facetimed my Mum and sister who were minding Dash once. We relaxed and ate and went to Target to stroll around because, Target. I found a book for baby while we were there and we also found a ride on digger... I know what Dash is getting for Christmas now.

Here is a selfie we took


If we ever go on another Dash-less date maybe I will even get dressed and put my face on! MAYBE I will even take the scrunchie out of my hair!
Maybe.

We got home at 7.30pm thinking it was midnight and raving about how successful we were. Baby was asleep in his nanny's arms making the most adorable little snoring noises. When he woke up I was so excited to nurse him, missing one feed felt like ten so we soaked it up that Dash and I. After that we shared his physio while watching the footy show (I have no idea why). We put him in his baby sleeping bag, read him his new book - Pig the Pug -  snap chatted all our friends (priorities) and plopped him in his new enormous bed. 


I'm so not ready to leave my baby. I'm also not ready for him to be sleeping in a portacot instead of a moses basket. Call me Smother, I deserve it and I also care not. 
But I am working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment